Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Montreal in March

We were in Montreal this past weekend; Daryan was doing business, I was marking papers (better to mark in a Montreal hotel room than in my living room in Kitchener, right?)
... views from my hotel room ...

I just love this Five Roses sign.

I did manage to sneak out of my marking hovel for some fun, though! Amy and Jon took me out for poutine at a diner in their neighbourhood, and then we went to the art gallery. The Once Upon a Time Walt Disney: The Sources of Inspiration for the Disney Studios show was one of the highlights of my trip. We saw some Beatrix Potter sketches, some Waterhouse and Grimshaw Pre-Raphaelite paintings, a Brueghel painting, and also a Salvador Dali and Walt Disney collaboration animation project... how cool is that??
... Jon and Amy posing in front of the art gallery ...

Daryan and I also partied it up at the fancy dress ball on the Saturday night.
... here we are on the dance floor ...

No comments: